Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Ahhh. Lovely (albeit busy) weekend. I had class Saturday and Sunday (from 9:30 - 4:45 each day), so Valentines Day was postponed 'til Presidents Day (which is not actually Presidents Day at all, I've learned).

Brian and I rented a room at a seedy beachside hotel for Sunday and Monday nights (sure we live in San Francisco, but beachside is a novelty when you live on Haight St). It was just about the ugliest hotel I've ever stayed in, with dingy rooms, a boxy, ugly bathroom and a 'view' of the N Train, but its proximity to Golden Gate Park and Ocean Beach made it worth every penny of the discount rate. And spending time really alone with Brian (no housemates about, no housemates expected) was a forgotten and consummate pleasure. I really am a lucky girl.



No comments: