Saturday, February 16, 2008

A good weekend, so far

Friday, Brian and I went for a walk along the beach. The sand was full of ladybugs and washed-up jellyfish, and we had to walk carefully to avoid them.



Then my cousin Molly picked me up and we caught the Marie Antoinette exhibit at the Legion of Honor (just in time, too -- it ends this weekend) and went for a ramble down by the ruins of the Sutro Baths.


(Which are, by the way, one of my favorite places in San Francisco).


Then we went to see one of Hope's friends sing at the Savannah Jazz club down in the mission. I drank French Martinis and ate fried plantains and felt very grown up.

Then today Hope and I went to the farmer's market and then birdwatching, and we ate the yummiest fennel and beet dinner ever, if I do say so myself. And the grass at Heron's Head was just so pretty, I had to take a picture. There were some ducks nearby, but my cellphone just wasn't up to wildlife photography.

3 comments:

seester said...

So sorry, but I will no longer be able to read your blog. Please contact me when you have obtained a soul-deadening job, move to a place with a miserable climate, and catch a cold.

Thank you,
Mary

Nora said...

Dear seester,

It's Sunday, and freezing cold. I have a bit of a scnuffly nose and have been denied unemployment because (according to the EED) I'm self employed during normal business hours. I don't know what I do for myself, but, as my duties seem to include cleaning the litterbox and never having enough clean socks, I guess it's fairly soul-deadening.

In short, please stay.

seester said...

Oh my seester,

I am sorry.

As you can see, I am here reading your comment, so it was all a bluff.